Bilingual Program and Event Assistant
The PA Breast Cancer Coalition (PBCC) represents, supports and serves breast cancer survivors and their families in Pennsylvania through educational programming, legislative advocacy and breast cancer research grants. The PBCC is a statewide non-profit organization with a board of directors and a network of volunteers across the state. The PBCC exists to help the 9,500 women in this state who will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, to support the families of the 2,200 women who will die from it and to serve as a resource for the hundreds of thousands more women currently living with the disease.
The PA Breast Cancer Coalition is seeking a highly motivated, energetic bilingual professional with excellent communication skills to work full-time (40 hours per week) in the Lebanon, PA office.
The Program & Event Assistant will work with all PBCC staff members to help keep the office running smoothly. We are looking for an ambassador, a team player, someone who can work with different personality types and is outgoing. We need someone who’s friendly, organized, detail-oriented and is willing to help with projects as needed.
This person is responsible for performing a wide range of program, event and administrative tasks. They will have the ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously; problem-solve and trouble-shoot; interact well with all levels of staff, board and volunteers; and assist staff with both routine and special projects.
Key job responsibilities:
- Greet guests at the PBCC’s Lebanon office
- Work with the PBCC’s Patient Advocate to provide support and PBCC resources to Spanish-speaking women
- Translate PBCC print and collateral materials into Spanish as needed
- Attend community outreach and fundraising events and staff information tables
- Open the daily mail and mail/ship items as needed
- Pack up materials and boxes as needed for events
- Provide support for all programs, for example but not limited to:
- Pack patient support materials and care packages
- Attend planning committee meetings and event opening receptions for the “67 Women, 67 Counties: Facing Breast Cancer in Pennsylvania” Traveling Photo Exhibit
- Travel, as needed, to provide assistance for programs and events off-site
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
- High School Degree or certificate, some college preferred
- 1-year customer service experience
- Interest in social work, patient support and the social sciences
- Must feel comfortable working with visitors and employees in person and over the phone
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and work productively in a team setting
- Willingness to travel and attend occasional evening and weekend events
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfort using Microsoft Office suite
- Valid PA Driver’s License and personal vehicle
This position offers a competitive non-profit salary and excellent benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, FSA, retirement plan, college tuition assistance and life insurance. The salary range is $36,000-$38,000 dependent on experience.
Please submit the following to Jobs@PABreastCancer.orgcreate new email with “Bilingual Program & Event Assistant” in the subject line.
- Cover letter
No phone calls please. The PA Breast Cancer Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer.