Community Outreach Coordinator
The PA Breast Cancer Coalition (PBCC) represents, supports and serves breast cancer survivors and their families in Pennsylvania through educational programming, legislative advocacy and breast cancer research grants. The PBCC is a statewide non-profit organization with a board of directors and a network of volunteers across the state. The PBCC exists to help the nearly 14,000 women across PA who will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, to support the families of the 2,200 women who will die from it and to serve as a resource for the hundreds of thousands more women currently living with the disease.
The PA Breast Cancer Coalition is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, energetic professional with excellent communication skills to work full-time in the Lebanon, PA office.
The Community Outreach Coordinator is the staff liaison for the 250+ Grassroots Partner community fundraising events that happen throughout the year to benefit the PBCC. This position coordinates all volunteers and handles the donor cultivation and donor recognition for the fundraising events.
We are looking for an ambassador, a team player, someone who can work with different personalities and is outgoing. We need someone who’s friendly, organized, detail-oriented and can connect with donors.
Key job responsibilities:
- Serve as the key PA Breast Cancer Coalition contact for volunteer-run fundraising events (Grassroots Partners)
- Handle all pre-event communications and make follow-up/thank you calls post-event
- Schedule staff/volunteers to attend events and send materials as needed
- Schedule check presentations post-event with PBCC staff/volunteers
- Write and send thank you letters and certificates
- Update the PBCC website to include upcoming Grassroots Partners events and update internal PBCC events database (Raiser’s Edge Events)
- Create social media schedule and posts for individual community events in coordination with the PBCC Communications Director
- Create and send event related e-blasts in coordination with the PBCC Communications Director
- Oversee the Drive Out Breast Cancer fundraising campaign and work with volunteers to expand the program statewide
- Manage donor cultivation and recognition for grassroots partner donors
- Coordinate all PBCC volunteers and implement a volunteer training program to further engage community volunteers
- Manage the County Captain program and recruit new volunteers
- Assist with the planning of the “67 Women, 67 Counties: Facing Breast Cancer in Pennsylvania” traveling photo exhibit.
- Help build the local event committee, attend site visits, committee meetings and event opening receptions.
- Design print and collateral materials as needed
- Travel, as needed, to provide oversight and assistance for programs and events off-site
- Experience with nonprofits & bachelor’s degree
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and work productively in a team setting
- Willingness to travel and attend evening and weekend events
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfort using Microsoft Office suite, Social Media platforms, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign
- At least 2-years’ experience working in non-profit communications or fundraising
This position offers a competitive non-profit salary and excellent benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, retirement plan, tuition assistance and life insurance. The salary range is $50,000-$55,000 and is dependent on education and experience.
Please submit the following to Jobs@PABreastCancer.orgcreate new email with “Community Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line.
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
No phone calls please. The PA Breast Cancer Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer.