Refunds for Research
YOU can help find a cure for breast cancer! Look for the PA Breast Cancer Coalition’s Refunds for Breast and Cervical Cancer Research line (Line 32) on your state income tax form, choose code "A" and donate your refund for breast cancer research.
Every penny contributed goes directly to PA breast and cervical cancer researchers. By donating, you join the thousands of Pennsylvania taxpayers, Grassroots Partners and private donors who have contributed more than $3.7 million for Pennsylvania-based cancer research.
In 2018, the PBCC awarded $200,000 in grants to the following researchers ($50,000 grant to each researcher):
• David Cormode, PhD
- focusing on breast cancer detection using contrasting agents
• Steffi Oesterreich, PhD
Magee-Womens Research Institute, UPMC
- developing treatments for estrogen receptor positive breast cancer
• Sean Knecht, PhD
Penn State University
- creating breast cancer detection tools using photoacoustics
• Wendie Berg, PhD, MD, FACR
Magee-Womens Hospital at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- examining breast cancer detection by using 3D mammography and whole-breast ultrasound
Be a part of our fight to find a cure for breast cancer now... so our daughters won't have to!