Refunds for Research
YOU can help find a cure for breast cancer! Look for the PA Breast Cancer Coalition’s Refunds for Breast and Cervical Cancer Research line (Line 32) on your state income tax form, choose code "A" and donate your refund for breast cancer research.
Every penny contributed goes directly to PA breast and cervical cancer researchers. By donating, you join the thousands of Pennsylvania taxpayers, Grassroots Partners and private donors who have contributed more than $3.7 million for Pennsylvania-based cancer research.
In 2019, the PBCC awarded $200,000 in grants to the following researchers ($50,000 grant to each researcher):
• Christoforos Thomas, PhD
- focusing on how to prevent metastasis in inflammatory breast cancer
• Karen Bussard, PhD
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, Jefferson Health
- focusing on how metastatic breast cancer cells affect the breast cancer progression in bone
• David Waning, PhD
Penn State College of Medicine
- studying muscle mass and function in combination with bone therapy and directly targeting cancer cells for new treatments for metastatic breast cancer patients
• Wendie Berg, PhD, MD, FACR
Magee-Womens Hospital at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- evaluating double-reading of 3D mammography in women with dense breasts
Be a part of our fight to find a cure for breast cancer now... so our daughters won't have to!