Program & Event Coordinator
The PA Breast Cancer Coalition (PBCC) represents, supports and serves breast cancer survivors and their families in Pennsylvania through educational programming, legislative advocacy and breast cancer research grants. The PBCC is a statewide organization with a board of directors and a network of volunteers across the state.
The PA Breast Cancer Coalition is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, energetic events professional with excellent communication skills to work full-time in the Lebanon, PA office. The Program & Event Coordinator manages special events and programs for the PBCC. This includes the PA Breast Cancer Coalition Conference and other statewide events. We’re seeking a people person, someone who can work with different personality types and is serious about getting the job done. We need someone who’s reliable, focused, friendly, and detail-oriented.
The ideal candidate should possess a minimum of three to five years’ experience handling all aspects of event and program planning, have some experience with graphic design using the Adobe Creative Suite of programs, have strong oral/written communication skills and work well in a fast-paced team environment.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Oversee all details of the annual PA Breast Cancer Coalition Conference
- Create and distribute event timelines
- Manage Conference fundraising and development with other key staff
- Coordinate all arrangements with the event site and other vendors
- Coordinate event speakers, workshop presenters, special guests and dignitaries
- Provide event briefings and remarks
- Oversee the PBCC Research grant check presentations
- Plan check presentations and press events with hospitals and health systems across the state
- Assist Community Outreach Coordinator with the planning of the “67 Women, 67 Counties: Facing Breast Cancer in Pennsylvania” Traveling Photo Exhibit openings.
- Attend site visits and planning committee meetings
- Assist with Social Media and other digital media projects
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3-5 years’ experience coordinating special events
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and work productively in a team setting
- Comfort using Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic design experience preferred
- Willingness to travel and attend occasional evening and weekend events
This position offers a competitive Non-Profit salary in the $50,000-$60,000 range and excellent benefits including low deductible health insurance, dental, 401(K) and life insurance. Salary is dependent on education and experience.
Please submit the following to Jobs@PABreastCancer.orgcreate new email with “Program & Events Coordinator” in the subject line.
– Cover letter
– Salary requirements
No phone calls please. The PA Breast Cancer Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer.