Friends Like Me Care Packages
If you are requesting a Friends Like Me Care Package for yourself, click here.
To fill out a Friends Like Me Care Package request form for a friend or loved one, click here.
**If you are a medical professional or social worker and are requesting a care package with personally identifiable information, please use this form. If you have any questions, please call 717-769-2300 or 800-377-8828.**
The PBCC reaches out to individuals in Pennsylvania who have received a breast cancer diagnosis within the last six months with a complimentary Friends Like Me Care Package. The package contains educational publications, books and information, as well as some soft touches like a pink ribbon pin and donated gifts. This care package helps newly-diagnosed Pennsylvanians by providing educational information, inspiration and support at a time when they need it most.
- Free to the recipient (if eligibility requirements are met)
- Delivered via UPS in brown box with PBCC’s name on the outside
- Helps the recipient become more knowledgeable about the disease
- Helps the recipient feel less alone during a difficult time
Typical Contents (Individual care package contents may vary.)
- Information about breast cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Information about the PBCC
- Treatment planner/organizer
- Cancer-themed books and magazines
- Items/information for caregivers and/or children
- Pink ribbon pin
- Handmade chemo cap or scarf
- Donated cosmetics or other small gifts
Eligibility Requirements (one per person)
The recipient must:
- live in Pennsylvania
- be recently diagnosed with breast cancer or a breast cancer recurrence (within the last six months)
- understand that this package is sent by UPS, is pink, and does contain the PBCC’s name on the outside