Part-Time Administrative Assistant
The PA Breast Cancer Coalition (PBCC) represents, supports and serves breast cancer survivors and their families in Pennsylvania through educational programming, legislative advocacy and breast cancer research grants. The PBCC is a statewide non-profit organization with a board of directors and a network of volunteers across the state. The PBCC exists to help the 9,500 women in this state who will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, to support the families of the 2,200 women who will die from it and to serve as a resource for the hundreds of thousands more women currently living with the disease.
The PA Breast Cancer Coalition is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, energetic professional with excellent communication skills to work part-time (24-30 hours per week) in the Lebanon, PA office. The Administrative Assistant will work with all PBCC staff members to help keep the office running smoothly. We are looking for an ambassador, a team player, someone who can work with different personality types and is outgoing. We need someone who’s friendly, organized, detail-oriented and is willing to help with projects as needed.
This person is responsible for performing a wide range of administrative and workplace tasks. He/she will have the ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously; problem-solve and trouble-shoot; interact well with all levels of staff, board and volunteers; and assist staff with both routine and special projects.
Key job responsibilities:
- Answer the phone and transfer calls
- Open the daily mail and mail/ship items as needed
- Make hotel & travel arrangements for staff members
- Write and send general letters/emails and thank you letters
- Pack up materials and boxes as needed for events
- Monitor weekly donor reports to help manage donor cultivation and recognition for individual donors
- Provide admin support for all PBCC programs (for example but not limited to:)
- Organize PBCC Conference Fundraising prospects and keep ongoing solicitation list for staff
- Facilitate PBCC quarterly webinars through “Go-to-Meeting” platform, keep the RSVP list and send out CE certificates to attendees
- Attend site visits, planning committee meetings and event opening receptions for the“67 Women, 67 Counties: Facing Breast Cancer in Pennsylvania” Traveling Photo Exhibit
- Travel, as needed, to provide assistance for programs and events off-site
- Bachelors or Associates degree
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and work productively in a team setting
- Willingness to travel and attend occasional evening and weekend events
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfort using Microsoft Office suite
This is a part-time position with the potential to go to full-time. This position has flexible hours and is for 24-30 hours per week. The pay is $14 an hour.
Please submit the following to Jobs@PABreastCancer.org with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
No phone calls please. The PA Breast Cancer Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer.