The PA Breast Cancer Coalition (PBCC) represents, supports and serves breast cancer survivors and their families in Pennsylvania through educational programming, legislative advocacy and breast cancer research grants. The PBCC is a statewide organization with a board of directors and a network of volunteers across the state. The PBCC exists to help the 13,500 women in this state who will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, to support the families of the 2,200 women who will die from it and to serve as a resource for the hundreds of thousands more women currently living with the disease.
The PA Breast Cancer Coalition is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, energetic professional with excellent communication skills to work part-time in the Lebanon, PA office. This position will require some travel across Pennsylvania to committee meetings and will include some night/weekend work.
The Program Coordinator will manage the PBCC’s traveling photo exhibit, “67 Women, 67 Counties: Facing Breast Cancer in PA” and will also assist other staff members on programs such as the PBCC Community Advocacy and Research Education for Students (CARES) program, and our Research Grant publicity events. We’re seeking a people person, someone who can work with different personality types and is serious about getting the job done. We need someone who’s reliable, focused, friendly, and detail-oriented.
The ideal candidate should possess a minimum of two years’ experience handling all aspects of event and program planning, be proficient in MS Office and the Adobe Design Suite of programs, have strong oral/written communication skills and work well in a fast-paced team environment.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Oversee all details of the PBCC’s travelling photo exhibit: “67 Women, 67 Counties: Facing Breast Cancer in Pennsylvania”
- Assist with the PBCC’s CARES program and Research Grant publicity events
- Develop new relationships, additional event sponsorships and/or and grassroots partner events by growing program related contacts
- Write event recaps for PBCC publications as needed
- Travel, as needed, to provide oversight and assistance for programs and events off-site
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and work productively in a team setting
- Willingness to travel and attend occasional evening and weekend events
- Comfort using Microsoft Office suite, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- At least 2 years’ experience coordinating special events
This position has flexible hours and is for up to 30 hours per week. The pay is $15 an hour. This is a grant funded position funded through June 2017 with an excellent possibility of renewal.
Please submit the following to Jobs@PABreastCancer.org with “Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
– Cover letter
No phone calls please. The PA Breast Cancer Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer.