April Showers just won’t seem to let up (at least at the PBCC office in Lebanon)! If you’re battling the rainy day blues, check out our to-do list for days like this:
1. Schedule your mammogram! Don’t put it off. Early detection saves lives. No insurance? Check out PA’s Healthy Woman program here.
2. Start a new book. Rainy days are perfect for reading. Look through our list of favorites in the PBCC book club here.
3. Sign up to volunteer. The PA Breast Cancer Coalition and its Grassroots Partners host events year-round to support survivors, their families and breast cancer researchers including the upcoming Take a Swing Against Breast Cancer Home Run Derby. Click here for more information.
4. Be Inspired. Browse our online photo exhibit, 67 Women, 67 Counties: Facing Breast Cancer in Pennsylvania for quotes and photos from brave women all across the state. The exhibit will be on display starting this Thursday, May 1 in Westmoreland County. Join us! Details here.
5. Break a sweat! Hitting the gym is a great stress-reliever and we all know it’s good for our health. If you’re a survivor, find out if there are any free programs in your area like the Pink Complete program at Lebanon YMCA.
6. Take a nap. Catching some extra Zzzs can be just what you need to recharge.
7. Share Your Story. Every breast cancer survivor has a unique journey. Share yours with us and inspire other women just like you. Click here to send us your story.
8. Grab coffee with a friend. If you don’t feel like going out, order in. Chick Coffee has a whole line of products that support our cause. Check ‘em out here.
9. Two words – Bubble. Bath.
10. Eat up. Try a new recipe or whip up some comfort food. Looking for something yummy and healthy? Check out the Silver Pen blog for something fresh and new. Bonus: It’s written by a breast cancer survivor who also shares some great stories and tips to navigate a diagnosis.