Frequently Asked Questions
I am interested in organizing a fundraiser for the PBCC. Where do I start?
Any individual or organization interested in raising money for the PBCC should contact Kristen Snoke at Kristen@PABreastCancer.org and include a brief description of the nature of the event, their contact information (name, mailing address, phone number and email), and a suggested timeframe in which they would like the event to take place. Once that information is received, a "Guidelines for Grassroots Partners" info sheet will be mailed to you for review, and our staff will be in touch to coordinate the details. You should know that, while we may publicize your event on our website and in our newsletters, the PBCC cannot build an audience for your event, sell tickets to your event, nor find sponsors for your event. Some community fundraising ideas are listed below.
- Hold a Casual Day in your office, either once or on a weekly or monthly basis, and require employees to pay a small fee to participate, which you donate to the PBCC.
- If you sell things or own a store of some kind, designate a day, week, or month, choosing one item or perhaps all pink items, and give the PBCC a percentage of the profits of the sale of those items during the specified time period.
- Have a birthday, anniversary or holiday party and ask guests to bring a donation to the PBCC instead of gifts.
- If you are crafty, create specialty items such as pink knitted scarves, pink ribbon jewelry, or pink soaps and give the proceeds of the sale of these items to the PBCC. You could also create a large item such as a quilt and sell raffle tickets.
- If you are a member of a musical group, theater group, or chorus, hold a benefit concert and donate the ticket money to the PBCC.
- Be creative! There are infinite ways you can help! What can you think of?
Download our Guidelines for Grassroots Partners here.