The PBCC is looking for a fall intern! Here are the details:
PA Breast Cancer Coalition Internship
The Pennsylvania Breast Cancer Coalition is offering a wide range of experience in all aspects of non-profit operations and programming, public relations and event management through assisting the Executive Director and other staff as needed.
Some duties may include, but not be limited to:
• Work on the PBCC’s statewide educational and outreach programs:
o Annual educational conference
o PBCC Research Initiative
o Traveling photo exhibit
o Grassroots Partners events
o Educational webinars
• Interact with local event committees, state agencies, legislative contacts, and media
• Write press releases and articles as needed
• Assist with design and graphics work
• Work on legislative advocacy for statewide legislation
• Attend fundraising and grassroots partners events as a representative of the PA Breast Cancer Coalition.
Applicants should possess:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience using Microsoft Office (Adobe Photoshop and InDesign experience preferred, but not required)
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting
• Excellent project management and organizational skills
The Pennsylvania Breast Cancer Coalition is located at 2397 Quentin Road, Suite B, Lebanon, PA. It was founded in 1993 and is the only statewide grassroots organization in Pennsylvania that speaks to and for breast cancer survivors.
The PBCC’s mission is to find a cure for breast cancer and to improve the quality of breast cancer education, research and outreach in the state.
Go to www.pabreastcancer.org to learn more about the organization.
Contact name: Jennifer Pensinger, Executive Director
This position has flexible hour which are primarily on weekdays but could include some weekend hours depending on the fall event schedule. It is for up to 20 hours per week and pays $10 an hour. The length of the internship will vary depending on the student.