You walked. You trotted. You swam. You rode the trails. You even brewed pink beer. And ALL of you have made a difference. I’m talking about our PA Breast Cancer Coalition Grassroots Partners. It is because of your hard work, dedication, passion and creativity that we are able to reach out and provide help to thousands of women and men facing breast cancer across Pennsylvania.
– Since January 1, the PBCC has sent more than 564 free Friends Like Me care packages to recently diagnosed survivors full of educational materials, scarves, head wraps and small gifts.
– Last month, thanks to YOUR efforts, the PBCC and an anonymous donor awarded a $100,000 grant to Penn State Hershey breast cancer researcher Dr. Craig Meyers to continue his work to help find a cure for breast cancer now… so our daughters won’t have to.
– With your help, we are able to advocate for the women of Pennsylvania on legislation like the Breast Density Notification Act which was recently signed into law.
– Our incredible Grassroots Partners allow us to offer scholarships to breast cancer survivors who wish to attend our annual PBCC Conference in Harrisburg.
– Your fundraising efforts also help us to provide Patient Advocacy to women at a time when they need it most.
From the women battling breast cancer in our state, their families and the entire staff at the PA Breast Cancer Coalition, thank you. We hope you will continue this fight with us to find a cure for breast cancer now… so our daughters won’t have to.
Click on the video below to see photos from this year’s Grassroots Partners.
Want to hold a fundraiser in your community? Contact Kristen@PABreastCancer.org and become a PBCC Grassroots Partner today!