This November 30, The PA Breast Cancer Coalition will join hundreds of nonprofits, organizations and businesses in Lancaster County for the Extraordinary Give.
So, what is this whole Extraordinary Give thing, anyway? It’s a 24-hour online giving marathon hosted by the Lancaster County Community Foundation during which the PA Breast Cancer Coalition has an opportunity to raise thousands of dollars to support women and families in Pennsylvania. Beginning at midnight, November 30, anyone in the world can log on to ExtraGive.org, search for the PBCC and give a donation of $25 or more. During that time, the Community Foundation will choose donors for special incentives. For example, during the “Midnight Madness” hours of 12am – 3am, the Foundation will select a donor at random and throw in a little “Extra” to whichever organization that person chose to support. Click Here for more information on prizes or head to ExtraGive.org.
Find out why many PBCC supporters have chosen to donate:
Will YOU Give to the PBCC?
If you’re undecided, we’ve chosen the Top 5 Reasons why you should consider it:
1. All of the money will stay right here in Pennsylvania. $.83 of every dollar we receive goes to support our programs and services.
2. The need is great. 32 women in Pennsylvania will be diagnosed with breast cancer TODAY and more than 12,000 will be diagnosed this year.
3. Research. Scientists and doctors in PA are breaking ground on possible new treatments every day, but they cannot continue their work without funding from nonprofits like the PBCC.
4. Advocacy. There are no questions too big or too small. The PBCC staff works to find the answers, treatments and resources for women every day.
5. Because we need to find a cure now. Each one of our programs at the PBCC supports that mission. From our Friends Like Me Care Packages to our Refunds for Research program, the PBCC relies strongly on contributions from the community to continue our work.
For 20 years, we have been fortunate to have generous donors, volunteers and Grassroots Partners. The PBCC has set an Extraordinary Give goal of $3,200 – $100 for each woman in PA diagnosed with breast cancer every day. Help us continue our mission for the next 20 years by setting aside a little “Extra” and participating in this year’s Extraordinary Give on November 30!