The Pennsylvania Breast Cancer Coalition is offering a wide range of experience in all aspects of non-profit operations and programming, public relations and event management through assisting the Executive Director, Community Outreach Director, Program Coordinator and other PBCC staff as needed.
Duties may include, but are not be limited to:
• Work on the PBCC’s statewide educational and outreach programs:
o Annual educational conference
o Refunds for Research program
o Traveling photo exhibit
o Take a Swing Against Breast Cancer home run derby
o Friends Like Me
o Legislative advocacy initiatives
• Assist with and attend grassroots partner events and activities (potentially on weekends/evening)
• Interact with local event committees, state agencies, legislative contacts, and media
• Assist all staff with general office work as needed
Applicants should possess:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience using Microsoft Office (Adobe InDesign experience preferred, but not required)
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting
• Excellent project management and organizational skills
The Pennsylvania Breast Cancer Coalition is located at 2397 Quentin Road, Suite B, Lebanon, PA. It was founded in 1993 and is the only statewide grassroots organization in Pennsylvania that speaks to and for breast cancer survivors.
The PBCC’s mission is to find a cure for breast cancer and to improve the quality of breast cancer education, research and outreach in the state.
Go to www.PABreastCancer.org to learn more about the organization.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Jennifer Pensinger, Executive Director
This position has flexible hours. It can be for 20-28 hours per week and pays $10 an hour. This is a temporary position funded through October 31, 2014.