Every day I drive from my home in Elizabethtown to Ephrata. I have friends who go to work and feel like they don’t have a purpose in his or her workplace. That is NOT the feeling I have every morning on my commute.
I started interning with the PA Breast Cancer Coalition in January 2009. I quickly learned about how things work in the office and around the state. It is simply inspiring to see the drive of our full time staff, but also our advocates in communities across PA. I knew I was going to like it here. I am entering my fourth month of full time employment with the PBCC and my 21st month of knowing leading champions in the breast cancer cause.
Almost daily, our staff receives phone calls and e-mails asking how the PBCC can help those diagnosed with breast cancer or how people in the community can get involved with our organization. There are many answers to both of those questions. To help, I’ve included our mission video below. Yes, it may be 12 minutes long, but believe me, it’s 12 minutes that will show you the effect this non-profit has across the state.
Now, what can you do? How can you have an impact on the women and families in Pennsylvania fighting breast cancer? Here are a few simple ways:
- Attend our Annual Conference on Wednesday, October 13th in Harrisburg to learn about research and clinical trials, how to start a local support group, and so much more!
- Sign up for PinkLink, our monthly e-newsletter, for the most up-to-date information on research, fundraisers, and happenings with the PBCC!
- Brand your vehicle with the Breast Cancer Awareness PA License Plate to show your support everywhere you drive!
- Have a Friends Like Me Care Package sent to a recently diagnosed woman.
- Donate your state income tax refund to breast and cervical cancer research right here in PA!
- ‘Like’ us on Facebook and ‘follow’ us on Twitter!
- Become a Grassroots Partner by holding an event in your community to raise awareness and spread the message of early detection!
This is a short list of how you can contribute to what the PA Breast Cancer Coalition does on a daily basis. If you have questions about anything that is listed here or have a new idea, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-377-8828!