The home run derby crew rolled into FirstEnergy Stadium for the last event on Friday, July 30th. Pink bats have been awarded around the state to teams who knocked one out of the park, and one team would be lucky enough to get the last set in Reading. It was a fierce competition on the sunny Friday, so check out how the teams stacked up!
- Team Chesapeake Energy – 1,680 points
- Team Rep. Dante Santoni/VIST Bank – 1,520 points
- Team ParenteBeard – 1,355 points
- Stay Classy, Reading – 1,255 points
- Team Capital Watch – 1,235 points
- Team Fleetwood Bank – 1,225 points
- Team Ameriprise – 1,135 points
- Team Berks Bar Association – 1,120 points
- Team Mogel, Speidel, Bobb, & Kershner – 1,040 points
- Team Weintraub Telecomm – 770 points
- Team Fromm Electric – 755 points
Single Batter Scores:
- John Furlong 1st set – 460 points
- John Furlong 2nd set – 445 points
- Greg Gunter – 360 points
- Owen Bowermaster – 280 points
- Martin Brambrinck – 180 points
The day was full of fun and batters of all ages came out to support the PBCC. The team representing Fleetwood Bank brought their own pitcher to throw softballs to the batters. While the softballs didn’t fly as far as a normal baseball, the team still finished with a great score! Congratulations ladies!
Our winning team from Chesapeake Energy had two batters that each took 30 swings. During his time at bat, Nick Aspromonte hit two home runs! And single batter John Furlong also knocked one out of the park during his time at the plate! And a homer by Dante Cutrona from the Berks Bar Association. Congratulations fellas!
With the end in sight, the derby crew looks forward to compiling all of the scores to create the statewide team leaderboard in addition to the statewide winner for our single batters. In the meantime, check out the pictures from the 11th and final stop of the 2010 derby!