With temperatures in the high-90s, the third stop of the Home Run Derby at the Washington Wild Things was shaping up to be the hottest ever! The heat was on and one batter was able to knock one out of the park!! But first, check out the team scores!
- First Federal Savings Bank Team 1 – 1,690 points
- First Federal Savings & Loan Association of Greene County – 1,640 points
- Chesapeake Energy Team 1 – 1,385 points
- Chesapeake Energy Team 2 – 1,200 points
- Washington Financial Bank Team 2 – 1,170 points
- First Federal Savings Bank Team 2 – 1,115 points
- Team WPXI – 1,065 points
- Washington Financial Bank Team 1 – 1,005 points
Single Batter Score:
- Bill Klenoshek – 600 points
With sunscreen in tow, our batters were hitting the baseballs almost out of the park. One batter was lucky enough to get a ball out of the park! Mitch Monas from Team First Federal Savings & Loan of Greene County knocked out our first home run of 2010! He is pictured here with our emcee Tammy Miller and the rest of his team.
Team WPXI was back out at CONSOL Energy Stadium to attempt a few home runs. Last year’s team score was 1,090. This year, there were side bets on the table. Scott Harbaugh, Alby Oxenreiter, Bill Phillips, and Rich Walsh had a total 2010 team score of 1,065 points. They didn’t beat last year’s score, but I believe there was an expensive dinner up for grabs. Thanks for supporting the derby again this year fellas!
After loading up the pink van, the PBCC team drove 4.5 hours back to southcentral PA to rest up for the next stop: Williamsport’s Historic Bowman Field. Stay tuned to find out those results soon! In the meantime, be sure to check out pictures from the Washington stop of our tour!