Taking a page out of the playbook of the hitters at the Altoona Curve stadium from the previous week, the batters at PNC Field, home of the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees, tallied 13 home runs of their own throughout the morning and afternoon of Monday, July 26th. After much friendly competition, the scores panned out like this:
- Team PA Rep. Karen Boback 2 – 1,745 points
- Team PA Rep. Karen Boback 1 – 1,740 points
- Wilkes University Team - 1,685 points
- Peoples National Bank Team 2 - 1,540 points
- Team SWB Front Office – 1,240 points
- First National Team 1 – 1,135 points
- Peoples National Bank Team 1 - 1,135 points
- Team Parente Beard – 980 points
- Team Chesapeake Energy – 900 points
- First National Community Bank Team 2 - 860 points
- Scranton Federation of Teachers Team 1 - 775 points
- Team U.S. Rep. Chris Carney – 755 points
- Scranton Federation of Teachers Team 2 - 660 points
Single Batter Scores:
Home Run Hitters:
- Steve Sulcoski from Team Boback – 4
- Matt Ruch from the Wilkes University Team – 3
- “Newman” from Team SWB Front Office – 2
- Carson Baker from Team Bobak – 1
- Dale Gerfin from Team Boback – 1
- Angus Neary from the Wilkes University Team – 1
- Jay Helcoski from Peoples National Team 2 – 1
- Steve Sunday from Peoples National Team 2 – 1
An incredible number of supporters came out to take a swing against breast cancer, including some of Pennsylvania’s VIPs: U.S. Representative Chris Carney; PA Senator Lisa Baker; PA Representative Karen Boback; PA Representative Sandra Major; PA Representative Jim Wansacz; Dr. Dan Kopen and Miss Keystone, Bryn Harvey.
Rep. Boback’s teams 1 & 2 were comprised of stand-in batters, including Senator Baker’s son, Carson. Collectively, the teams hit 5 home runs! A combination of perfect weather, the emcee expertise of Tammy Miller, interviews with WBRE and WNEP, enthusiastic fans and lots of pink feather boas created the perfect conditions for batters to hit a few out of the park.
In other news, PBCC staffers, who are always in search of great food, voted PNC Field concessions to be the best, hands down! Check out the waffle fries!
Ten down and one to go! Stay of the look-out for the wrap-up of the Reading Phillies game, which takes place on July 30, and our 2010 Derby season! For now, take a look at the pictures!